I am writing to share our plans to celebrate our students and in particular the graduating class of 2020. As our year winds to a close, we want to celebrate the amazing efforts of our students. We are so proud of their accomplishments both in the classroom and beyond.
Below is a list of the formal events that will be taking place to recognize and celebrate their success students.
- Graduation - this year we will be hosting a virtual graduation ceremony on June 25th, 2020 @ 7 pm. This will be broadcasted on youtube. Graduation Kits will include a graduation cap and graduation t-shirt for our grads. These items will be available curbside at the school. Please stay tuned for more details.
- In the event that it is safe to hold a large scale event in the fall, we have tentatively secured a venue for an in-person Commencement on October 8, 2020. Details to follow.
- For Prom this year, in conjunction with Halton District School Board, we are hosting a Virtual Prom. Please plan to attend on June 11, 2020 from 8 :00pm - 9:30pm. “Hoodie and High Heels” is this year’s theme! Please follow details @hdsbvirtualprom.
- Our Athletic Awards will honour our athletes virtually. Our staff is currently working on a virtual presentation. Details will be posted on social media in the very near future.
- Yearbooks - With the excellent and amazing work of our Yearbook team, we have our yearbook in full production. This will be available as always for fall pickup. Copies are still available for purchase. If interested, please place your order on School Cash Online.
- Tiger Awards - We will honour the outstanding efforts of our students in grades 9-12 during this annual celebration some time in June. Parents and recipients will be notified by email. With permission, we will be recognizing these students through our social media. More details to come
We know that this is not a typical year and we have all been challenged with the fallout of COVID-19 and the pandemic. We respect and appreciate the resiliency of our students and their families. We know how important these milestones are in your lives and we are committed to making every attempt to honour our students in a safe and equitable manner while recognizing their successes.
Congratulations to all of our students!! We look forward to celebrating with you.
Mr. Coakwell, Ms. MacRae, Mr. Williamson